Friday, February 12, 2010

Great Surprise

On our drive through west Texas Billy received a great phone call. It wasn't a job but it was a wonderful treat for me. My box of sewing supplies that FedEx lost 13 months ago when moving to Baltimore mysteriously showed up at our old apartment complex in Towson. The box looked like it had received a beating but hopefully the goods are still okay. An old coworker from Promenade picked up the box and dropped it off at UPS. UPS was kind enough to re-box it, insure it for the real value of goods, and ship it to my mom's house. This box contained all of my fabric, books, patterns, etc so most of it was irreplaceable. I can't wait to get to California and see all of my old projects. The only down side is that now it means I have two quilts to make for Billy. His LSU fabric I purchased at the International Quilt Festival was in the box so he is eager for a quilt to use during football season in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment